- Depart the USA.
Rates & Lodging
What to Expect
- The small print
- 9 nights’ accommodation at select hotels.
- 8 days of touring in a luxury, air-conditioned bus + 1 day walking tour (Shabbat) with licensed, English speaking local tour guide.
- Da’at tour educator accompanying the group throughout.
- Daily breakfast and 3 dinners.
- Portage at the hotels.
- 1 transfer and assistance from/to the airport.
- All site entrance fees and program fees as per your final program.
- Flights to and from Portugal.
- COVID-19 related expenses.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified. US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Gratuities: We recommend the following guidelines for tipping (amounts in US dollars):
- Group of 20 participants or more: Da'at Expert Educator: $8 | Local Guide: $5 | Driver: $3 - per participant per day
- Group of 10-19 participants: Da'at Expert Educator: $10 | Local Guide: $6 | Driver: $3 - per participant per day
- PHYSICAL FITNESS REQUIREMENTS:
The nature of our itineraries make for long days of touring with much exploration, mostly on foot. Old cities can have uneven pavements. Some sites include flights of stairs without elevators or banisters. Participants should be able to:
- Walk at a moderate pace for extended periods of time without needing to sit
- Climb flights of stairs, or walk up an incline without difficulty
- Get in and out of transportation unassisted (bus, train, plane, etc.)
- If you have mobility issues (use of a cane, crutches, scooter, etc.) or fitness questions, please e-mail email@example.com to make sure that our tours are right for you.
- Rates: Rates are per person based on double occupancy and a minimum of 20 full-paying participants. Should the number of participants drop below the minimum listed, the cost of the trip will be adjusted to reflect the additional expense of operating the program.
- Currency: Tour prices are per person in U.S. dollars. All hotel accommodations, motor coach transportation, special dinners, sightseeing, admissions, luggage handling and the services of local guides, drivers, and the tour guide/educator are included.
- Payment policy: Da'at Educational Expeditions reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits. Notification of any changes will be made explicitly to the participants where relevant.
- An initial deposit of $500 per person, non-refundable, non-transferable is due at the time of reservation unless another amount is indicated.
- Final payment is due 90 days before the scheduled trip begins, or as specified in your invoice.
- Cancelation policy: All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation fee depends on the date when we receive written notification of your request to cancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelations made:
- 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit.
- 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost.
- 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the full trip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also include:
- Hotel or supplier cancelation fees.
- Travel insurance: We strongly recommend that you purchase your own travel insurance. Please discuss land, air, and health insurance options with your insurance provider or contact Travel Insured at 1-800-344-6226, ext. 257. Some insurance programs provide more comprehensive coverage when the policy is purchased in close proximity to the initial trip deposit. We, therefore, recommend that you secure insurance within 14 days of your initial deposit payment date.
- Choice lodging:
- Room categories are based on standard Run of House unless otherwise noted.
- Our standard is to provide the best available hotels while considering value. Although the level of accommodations may differ slightly from hotel to hotel, we are committed to your comfort.
- We reserve the right to make substitutions with hotels of equal standard. No refunds will be issued for the differences between hotel prices.
- Special requests such as room selections, bed types, and smoking preferences are subject to availability and are strictly at the discretion of the hotel's management on a run-of-house basis.
- All hotel rates are non-negotiable and are based on the agreements made between Dalat Educational Expeditions and its suppliers.
- Hotel check-in time is generally not before 3:00 p.m. and check-out time is prior to noon. If you are taking a late-night flight, make sure to organize adequate arrangements for accommodation until you are ready to leave for the airport. If a day room is included in the itinerary, check-out time will usually be at 6:00 p.m.