The story of 1,000 years of Jewish history come alive
- The Warsaw Ghetto: its uprising and legacy
Mourn the destruction of Jewish life
Warsaw Zoo, the inspiration for The Zoo Keeper's Wife
Traditional Klezmer music
Experience authentic Polish cuisine
Shabbat with the Krakow JCC
What's it like to live as a Jew today in Poland?
- Depart the US for your journey to Poland.
Born in Israel, Gilad grew up on a Kibbutz. He served for four years as a combat officer in the IDF and then as an Israeli emissary in Minsk, Belarus.
The experience of helping youth connect to their Jewish roots and identity was one step in Gilad's investigation of his own. Later, working as a tour guide in Israel inspired him to expand his knowledge, and he obtained a bachelor’s degree in Archaeology and Jewish Thought from Hebrew University. Another passion of Gilad’s, the history of Jewish life in Europe, encouraged him to guide groups in Eastern Europe and to complete a master's degree in the history of Jews in Poland.
A longtime dream to combine his vast knowledge about Israel with his deep commitment to Jewish education brought Gilad to Rome, where he served as an Israeli emissary to the city’s Jewish community.
A spiritual person, Gilad loves to travel and explore. Europe, which is not only rich in Jewish history, but was home to his grandparents and many family members, holds a special place in his heart.
Gilad is married to Inbar and is a father of two.
Rates & Lodging
What to Expect
- The small print
- 6 nights’ accommodations at select hotels.
- 5.5 touring days with English-speaking local tour guides.
- 5.5 days of touring in a luxury, air-conditioned bus.
- Da’at tour educator accompanying the group throughout.
- Train ticket from Krakow to Warsaw, with separate luggage transfer.
- Transfer from/to the airport.
- Portage at the hotels.
- Daily breakfast, 2 lunches & 4 dinners.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc. are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- Water or snacks on the bus (unless indicated otherwise).
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Gratuities for Tour Educator (Guide) and Driver. We recommend the following guidelines for tips (amounts indicated in US dollars): Group of 10-19 participants: Da’at Tour Educator: $10 | Local Guide: $6 | Driver: $3 – per participant per day
- Group rates: Group rates are per person based on double occupancy and a minimum of15 full-paying participants. Should the number of participants drop below the minimumlisted, the cost of the trip will be adjusted to reflect the additional expense of operating theprogram.
- Currency: Tour prices are per person in U.S. dollars. All hotel accommodations, motor coachtransportation, special dinners, sightseeing, admissions, luggage handling and the servicesof local guides, drivers, and the tour guide/educator are included.
- Payment policy: Da'at Educational Expeditions reserves the right to adjust its terms ofpayment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits. Notification of any changes willbe made explicitly to the participants where relevant.
- Initial deposit of $500 per person, non-refundable, non-transferable is due at the time of reservation unless another amount is indicated.
- Final payment is due 90 days before the scheduled trip begins, or as specified inyour invoice.
- Cancelation policy: All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation feedepends on the date when we receive written notification of your request tocancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelation fees made:
- 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit.
- 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost.
- 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the fulltrip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also included:
- Hotel or supplier cancelation fees.
- For trips in Israel only: The cost of the PEACE OF MIND TRAVEL PROTECTION PROGRAM (POM), if this was purchased.
- Group airfare penalty fee.
- Travel insurance: We strongly recommend that you purchase your own travel insurance.Please discuss land, air and health insurance options with your insurance provider or contactTravel Insured at 1-800-344-6226, ext. 257. Some insurance programs provide morecomprehensive coverage when the policy is purchased in close proximity to the initial tripdeposit. We, therefore, recommend that you secure insurance within 14 days of your initialdeposit payment date.
- Choice lodging:
- Room categories are based on standard Run of House unless otherwise noted.
- Our standard is to provide the best available hotels while considering value. Although the level of accommodations may differ slightly from hotel to hotel, we are committed to your comfort.
- We reserve the right to make substitutions with hotels of equal standard. No refunds will be issued for the differences between hotel prices.
- The standard hotel room in Israel is generally smaller than in the US, comfortably accommodating two people in either one queen-size bed or two single beds. Some hotels offer triple rooms consisting of standard twin beds plus a sofa/folding bed or cot for the third person.
- Special requests such as room selections, bed types, and smoking preferences are subject to availability and are strictly at the discretion of the hotel's management on a run-of-house basis.
- All hotel rates are non-negotiable and are based on the agreements made between Da'at Educational Expeditions and its suppliers.
- Hotel check-in time is generally not before 3:00 p.m. and check-out time is prior to noon. If you are taking a late-night flight, make sure to organize adequate arrangements for accommodation until you are ready to leave for the airport. If a day room is included in the itinerary, check-out time will usually be at 6:00 p.m.