- Depart the USA.
In 1990, Mike moved to Jerusalem, where he worked in fundraising, while taking the Israeli Government Ministry of Tourism Course. He qualified as a Licensed Tour Guide in 1994. For over 20 years, he has worked full-time, lecturing, teaching courses to teenagers on long-term programs in Israel, as well as taking visitors of all ages around Israel.
In the summer of 2001, Mike was sent by the Jewish Agency for Israel to be an educational emissary (Shaliach) to the Federation of Zionist Youth (FZY), the largest Zionist youth movement in Great Britain and the Israel Experience, UK (IE). For three years, he worked as an educational consultant, helping plan the year’s activities for over 1,000 Jewish youth. In addition to constructing Israel youth programs, Mike helped design a training program for the youth movement leaders to prepare them for taking 1,100 teens to Israel in the summer.
Upon returning to Israel in 2004, Mike returned to work as a tour educator, and in 2008, completed his master’s degree in Jewish-Christian Relations from the Cambridge Centre for Jewish-Christian Relations. As a Jewish educator outside of Israel, Mike has led many groups on Jewish travel journeys throughout Eastern and Central Europe. He has also lectured and taught as a scholar-in-residence at Jewish communities throughout North America.
With a wide range of experience working with all ages, from individual family groups, through teenagers and university students, adult groups, political and business groups, as well as interfaith lay and clergy groups, Mike has almost 25-years of experience working as an informal Jewish educator.
Mike is married to Michele, and they have three children, Tal (27), Adi (24), and Matan (21).
Rates & Lodging
What to Expect
- The small print
- 9 nights' accommodations, including portage at the hotels.
- Guaranteed late check-out on day of departure.
- Daily breakfast, 1 lunch and 6 dinners.
- 10 days of touring with a tour educator (guide).
- 10 days of touring in a luxury, air-conditioned bus
- 1 group transfer and assistance from/to the airport.
- All site entrance fees and program fees as per your final program.
- Tipping: We recommend the following for tipping (amounts in US dollars):
- Group of 20 participants or more: Tour Educator: $8 | Driver: $4 - per participant per day
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Additions to the program: If sites, programs, or meals are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Such as laundry, wine and beverages, food other than on the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge, and border taxes when applicable.
- Value Added Tax is currently not applicable to tourists visiting Israel. Should the law change, you will be notified accordingly, and VAT will be added to your final invoice.
- Water and/or snacks on the bus.
- Rates: Rates are per person based on double occupancy and a minimum of20 full-paying participants. Should the number of participants drop below the minimumlisted, the cost of the trip will be adjusted to reflect the additional expense of operating theprogram.
- Currency: Tour prices are per person in U.S. dollars. All hotel accommodations, motor coachtransportation, special dinners, sightseeing, admissions, luggage handling and the servicesof local guides, drivers, and the tour guide/educator are included.
- Payment policy: Da'at Educational Expeditions reserves the right to adjust its terms ofpayment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits. Notification of any changes willbe made explicitly to the participants where relevant.
- An initial deposit of $500 per person, non-refundable, non-transferable is due at the time of reservation unless another amount is indicated.
- Final payment is due 90 days before the scheduled trip begins, or as specified inyour invoice.
- Cancelation policy: All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation feedepends on the date when we receive written notification of your request tocancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelations made:
- 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit.
- 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost.
- 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the full trip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also include:
- Hotel or supplier cancelation fees.
- For trips in Israel only: The cost of the PEACE OF MIND TRAVEL PROTECTION PROGRAM (POM), if this was purchased.
- Group airfare penalty fee.
- Travel insurance: We strongly recommend that you purchase your own travel insurance.Please discuss land, air, and health insurance options with your insurance provider or contactTravel Insured at 1-800-344-6226, ext. 257. Some insurance programs provide morecomprehensive coverage when the policy is purchased in close proximity to the initial tripdeposit. We, therefore, recommend that you secure insurance within 14 days of your initialdeposit payment date.
- Choice lodging:
- Room categories are based on standard Run of House unless otherwise noted.
- Our standard is to provide the best available hotels while considering value. Although the level of accommodations may differ slightly from hotel to hotel, we are committed to your comfort.
- We reserve the right to make substitutions with hotels of equal standard. No refunds will be issued for the differences between hotel prices.
- The standard hotel room in Israel is generally smaller than in the US, comfortably accommodating two people in either one queen-size bed or two single beds. Some hotels offer triple rooms consisting of standard twin beds plus a sofa/folding bed or cot for the third person.
- Special requests such as room selections, bed types, and smoking preferences are subject to availability and are strictly at the discretion of the hotel's management on a run-of-house basis.
- All hotel rates are non-negotiable and are based on the agreements made between Dalat Educational Expeditions and its suppliers.
- Hotel check-in time is generally not before 3:00 p.m. and check-out time is prior to noon. If you are taking a late-night flight, make sure to organize adequate arrangements for accommodation until you are ready to leave for the airport. If a day room is included in the itinerary, check-out time will usually be at 6:00 p.m.