- Connect to Israel as a family
- Memories that will last a lifetime
- Expert educator who will become part of the family
- Programming designed to keep all ages happy
- Photo memories – capture special moments
- Tastes and flavors you’ll never forget
- Deep knowledge of Israel you’ve always wanted
- Depart the US.
Born in Montreal, Canada, Hillel moved with his family to Israel as a child. After completing his mandatory IDF service, he obtained his bachelor’s degree in Jewish Studies from Hebrew University. In addition, he has various teacher and education certificates, including Jewish History and Israel in the 21st Century.
For 12 years of his adult life, Hillel lived abroad, mostly in San Francisco and Columbus, Ohio. During this time, he became more knowledgeable about different streams of Jewish and non-Jewish denominations.
Hillel worked as an educator, both in Israel and in the U.S., and became a licensed tour educator in 2011. He has since guided families, federations, synagogues, Birthright groups, and interfaith groups. Hillel believes in the power of text, music, and culture as enriching guiding tools, and he integrates stories – both personal and global – into his guiding.
Hillel lives in Tel Aviv and is a proud father to two boys, Yair and Nadav. When he is not working or guiding, Hillel enjoys playing the piano and enthusiastically practices cross-fit.
Rates & Lodging
What to Expect
- The small print
- 9 nights’ accommodation at select hotels.
- 8 days of touring in a luxury, air-conditioned bus with a licensed, English speaking tour educator.
- Individual transfer and VIP assistance to and from the airport.
- All site entrance fees and program fees as per itinerary.
- Meals: daily breakfast, 1 lunch & 5 dinners.
- Portage at the airport and hotels.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Value Added Tax is currently not applicable to tourists visiting Israel. Should the law change, you will be notified accordingly, and VAT will be added to your final invoice.
- Gratuities: We recommend the following guidelines for tipping (amounts in US dollars).
- Group of 20 participants or more: Expert Educator: $8 | Driver: $4 - per participant per day
- Group rates: Group rates are per person based on double occupancy and a minimum of20 full-paying participants. Should the number of participants drop below the minimumlisted, the cost of the trip will be adjusted to reflect the additional expense of operating theprogram.
- Currency: Tour prices are per person in U.S. dollars. All hotel accommodations, motor coachtransportation, special dinners, sightseeing, admissions, luggage handling and the servicesof local guides, drivers, and the tour guide/educator are included.
- Payment policy: Da'at Educational Expeditions reserves the right to adjust its terms ofpayment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits. Notification of any changes willbe made explicitly to the participants where relevant.
- Initial deposit of $500 per person, non-refundable, non-transferable is due at the time of reservation unless another amount is indicated.
- Final payment is due 90 days before the scheduled trip begins, or as specified inyour invoice.
- Cancelation policy: All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation feedepends on the date when we receive written notification of your request tocancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelation fees made:
- 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit.
- 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost.
- 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the fulltrip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also included:
- Hotel or supplier cancelation fees.
- For trips in Israel only: The cost of the PEACE OF MIND TRAVEL PROTECTION PROGRAM (POM), if this was purchased.
- Group airfare penalty fee.
- Travel insurance: We strongly recommend that you purchase your own travel insurance.Please discuss land, air and health insurance options with your insurance provider or contactTravel Insured at 1-800-344-6226, ext. 257. Some insurance programs provide morecomprehensive coverage when the policy is purchased in close proximity to the initial tripdeposit. We, therefore, recommend that you secure insurance within 14 days of your initialdeposit payment date.
- Choice lodging:
- Room categories are based on standard Run of House unless otherwise noted.
- Our standard is to provide the best available hotels while considering value. Although the level of accommodations may differ slightly from hotel to hotel, we are committed to your comfort.
- We reserve the right to make substitutions with hotels of equal standard. No refunds will be issued for the differences between hotel prices.
- The standard hotel room in Israel is generally smaller than in the US, comfortably accommodating two people in either one queen-size bed or two single beds. Some hotels offer triple rooms consisting of standard twin beds plus a sofa/folding bed or cot for the third person.
- Special requests such as room selections, bed types, and smoking preferences are subject to availability and are strictly at the discretion of the hotel's management on a run-of-house basis.
- All hotel rates are non-negotiable and are based on the agreements made between Dalat Educational Expeditions and its suppliers.
- Hotel check-in time is generally not before 3:00 p.m. and check-out time is prior to noon. If you are taking a late-night flight, make sure to organize adequate arrangements for accommodation until you are ready to leave for the airport. If a day room is included in the itinerary, check-out time will usually be at 6:00 p.m.
- Guidelines for registering children (under age 18):
- The first two people in any double or triple room are charged full package rates asadults, even if the second person is a child under the age of 18. For this reason, the firsttwo people you select for a double or triple room MUST be selected as adults in orderfor the registration process to succeed.
- To register the following room configurations, please follow these instructions:For double room occupancy for:1 adult & 1 child - Please select 2 adults.2 children - Please select 2 adults.For triple room occupancy for:2 adults & 1 child - Please select 2 adults & 1 child**1 adult & 2 children - Please select 2 adults & 1 child**3 children - Please select 2 adults
(**Reduced rate for a child as a 3rd in a triple room will only be applied if the child is under the age of 18.)