- Experience the feeling of “coming home”
- Connect to the beauty of the land and its people
- An expert educator with a fascinating perspective and insights
- Tastes and flavors you will never forget
- Israel beyond the headlines
- Access to top-notch scholars, educators, and thinkers
- Depart the US.
Uri has guided teen trips in Israel, worked as a Jewish history teacher for semester programs in Israel, as a guide in Jewish heritage journeys in Europe, and as a tour educator for families, adults of all ages, synagogue groups, and specialty tours throughout Israel. In 2010, Uri, his wife and three daughters returned from three years in Boston, MA, where he served as the Director of Education for Temple Israel, Boston. He has also lectured across North America on Jewish history, the history of the State of Israel, Jewish identity and education.
After returning to Israel, Uri worked with Da’at and served as an in-house educator in the field of program development and educational innovation. Since he has returned to full time guiding, all of his work continues to be through Da'at.
Uri’s experience has been driven by a clear desire to share the power of the Land of Israel. As he uncovers the layers of history and presents the wonder of the modern state, the story becomes increasingly relevant to visitors. Uri allows himself to be inspired as well, both by the sites that are re-visited and by the people with which he visits them.
When not guiding, Uri enjoys spending time with his family, hiking and mountain biking (although once in a while he is more than happy to just hang out at home).
Rates & Lodging
What to Expect
- The small print
- 9 nights’ accommodation at select hotels.
- 8 days of touring in a luxury, air-conditioned bus.
- 9 days of touring with a licensed, English speaking tour educator.
- Individual transfers and VIP assistance to and from the airport.
- All site entrance fees and program fees as per itinerary.
- Meals: daily breakfast, 3 lunches & 5 dinners.
- Mineral water throughout the trip.
- Portage at hotels.
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Value Added Tax is currently not applicable to tourists visiting Israel. Should the law change, you will be notified accordingly, and VAT will be added to your final invoice.
- Gratuities: We recommend the following guidelines for tipping (amounts in US dollars):
- Group of 20 participants or more: Expert Educator: $8 | Driver: $4 - per participant per day.
- Group rates: Group rates are per person based on double occupancy and a minimum of20 full-paying participants. Should the number of participants drop below the minimumlisted, the cost of the trip will be adjusted to reflect the additional expense of operating theprogram.
- Currency: Tour prices are per person in U.S. dollars. All hotel accommodations, motor coachtransportation, special dinners, sightseeing, admissions, luggage handling and the servicesof local guides, drivers, and the tour guide/educator are included.
- Payment policy: Da'at Educational Expeditions reserves the right to adjust its terms ofpayment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits. Notification of any changes willbe made explicitly to the participants where relevant.
- Initial deposit of $500 per person, non-refundable, non-transferable is due at the time of reservation unless another amount is indicated.
- Final payment is due 90 days before the scheduled trip begins, or as specified inyour invoice.
- Cancelation policy: All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation feedepends on the date when we receive written notification of your request tocancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancelation fees made:
- 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit.
- 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost.
- 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the fulltrip cost.
- Cancelation fees may also included:
- Hotel or supplier cancelation fees.
- For trips in Israel only: The cost of the PEACE OF MIND TRAVEL PROTECTION PROGRAM (POM), if this was purchased.
- Group airfare penalty fee.
- Travel insurance: We strongly recommend that you purchase your own travel insurance.Please discuss land, air and health insurance options with your insurance provider or contactTravel Insured at 1-800-344-6226, ext. 257. Some insurance programs provide morecomprehensive coverage when the policy is purchased in close proximity to the initial tripdeposit. We, therefore, recommend that you secure insurance within 14 days of your initialdeposit payment date.
- Choice lodging:
- Room categories are based on standard Run of House unless otherwise noted.
- Our standard is to provide the best available hotels while considering value. Although the level of accommodations may differ slightly from hotel to hotel, we are committed to your comfort.
- We reserve the right to make substitutions with hotels of equal standard. No refunds will be issued for the differences between hotel prices.
- The standard hotel room in Israel is generally smaller than in the US, comfortably accommodating two people in either one queen-size bed or two single beds. Some hotels offer triple rooms consisting of standard twin beds plus a sofa/folding bed or cot for the third person.
- Special requests such as room selections, bed types, and smoking preferences are subject to availability and are strictly at the discretion of the hotel's management on a run-of-house basis.
- All hotel rates are non-negotiable and are based on the agreements made between Dalat Educational Expeditions and its suppliers.
- Hotel check-in time is generally not before 3:00 p.m. and check-out time is prior to noon. If you are taking a late-night flight, make sure to organize adequate arrangements for accommodation until you are ready to leave for the airport. If a day room is included in the itinerary, check-out time will usually be at 6:00 p.m.